Volunteer - JA In A Day
JA in a Day is a one-day presentation of Junior Achievement's programs. JA in a Day is a unique opportunity for Junior Achievement to reach children a whole school at a time. By recruiting and training volunteers for this specific program, JA in a Day can reach every child of every grade level over the course of four hours.
JA in a Day places volunteers in the classroom to teach the entire JA curriculum in an exciting one-day event. This offers volunteers a great opportunity to get involved with Junior Achievement without juggling schedule conflicts or long-term commitments. When companies involve groups of volunteers all going to the same school, they can bring their experience to hundreds of students in one location. This event provides a great team-building experience and a chance for volunteers to give back to their community. With hundreds of students experiencing JA programs at the same time, it's a chance to make an impact in an exciting and energetic environment. It's also a great opportunity for publicity, and a chance to work on office team-building skills.
JA in a Day was very well received last year by both volunteers and the schools. Volunteers enjoy the vast amount of energy that flows from the process, while the schools benefit from their entire student body learning economics through Junior Achievement programs. For more information about JA in a Day, please contact Karla Shioi at 702-214-0503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, JA in a Day is offered only to elementary school classrooms.
How it Works
- Volunteers are recruited and trained
- Teachers are trained
- Volunteers arrive at designated school between 8:00am and 8:30am
- Breakfast is provided to all volunteers
- Welcome from JA and school administration once opening bell sounds
- Volunteers teach all five lessons (25-45 minutes in length - depending on grade level) in one day
- Lunch is provided to all volunteers
- Teacher remains in the classroom at all times to help with activities and maintain discipline
- JA in a Day will conclude between 2pm & 2:30pm (schedule may vary depending on school)