About JA - Employment Opportunities
Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada (JASN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. We accomplish this by recruiting and training volunteers who bring economics to life in the classroom. Volunteers provide hands-on, activity-based economic education programs to students in grades Kindergarten through 12th with an emphasis on financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship. During the 2011-2012 school year, we worked with 21 active Board Members, the Clark County School District, local principals, classroom teachers, as well as over 700 corporate and community volunteers to positively impact over 15,000 students.
The Director of Development will be responsible for organizing, planning, and implementing all fundraising strategies and initiatives including major gifts, annual campaigns, individual giving, donor relations, grant writing, and special initiatives. The Director of Development will work closely with the President and the Board of Directors in implementing Junior Achievements fundraising strategies.
The Director of Development will:
• Oversee and continue to develop a comprehensive fundraising program to meet the short- and long-term needs of JASN, including gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations to support annual unrestricted needs, as well as supporting program specific grants.
• Develop an annual comprehensive fund development plan; identify annual revenue goals and analyze progress toward those goals.
• Develop and implement strategies for cultivating and soliciting individual donors including annual and major gifts.
• Maintain strategic relationships with members of the funding community.
• Create standardized processes for ongoing cultivation of existing and prospective donors.
• Ensure that ongoing prospect identification and research is occurring. Manage development of case statement and collateral materials to be used in fundraising.
• Oversee the creation and development of all fund raising materials, annual fund appeals, letters of intent, proposals, reports to donors, major donor cultivation strategies and materials, and donor acknowledgements.
• Maintain fundraising database
• Serve as staff liaison to the funding committee
• Represent JASN at selected events.
Desired skills and attributes:
• Enthusiasm for mission-driven work;
• An interest in education and financial stability;
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals;
• Excellence in communicating professionally with diverse audiences;
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently; and
• Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
• Have a minimum of three years experience in a fundraising position with a proven record that includes securing major gifts, driving individual giving campaigns, foundation and corporate solicitation, career advancement, and management skills.
• Have superior writing, organization and communication skills, function with ease around donors and board members, and excel in pressured situations.
• Be able to effectively communicate the mission, goals, strengths and potential of the organization.
• Have personal contacts in, and knowledge of, the funding community to bring to this organization.
• Strong computer skills required: proficiency in database, spreadsheet and word processing programs as well as familiarity with prospect management systems is essential.
• Experience with management is a plus including the ability to deal effectively with many different types of people.
An outgoing, creative, hardworking and flexible person with an interest in education issues will enjoy working at Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada, Inc. (JALasVegas.org)
Reports to: President
Start date: August/September 2012
Starting Salary: Dependent upon qualifications
This full time position offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunities, and a benefits package.
To be considered for this position, candidates must email a cover letter and a current copy of their resume (Attached as separate word documents) to JuniorAchievementHR@gmail.com. Please no faxes or phone calls. EOE
Letters may be addressed to:
Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada, Inc.
7220 S. Cimarron Road, Suite 130
Las Vegas, Nevada 89113