About JA - Chairman's Letter
Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada (JASN) has a mission to be recognized as the premier provider of financial literacy in Southern Nevada. Thanks to partnerships among JASN, board members, community minded companies, volunteers, and educators, we are fulfilling our mission. In 2012, JASN reached 15,000 students in Southern Nevada with the involvement of 400 classroom volunteers. Countless lives are changed each year with the increased understanding the students achievement through JASN volunteers and financial literacy curriculum.
Today more than ever it is important that our students understand the relationship between hard work and a solid education, education and career opportunities, and free markets and freedom. Our core purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Through the tireless efforts of classroom volunteers we serve this purpose.
JASN has established a strategic plan that embraces its core values. These core values are:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do, honesty, integrity and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the education and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
Since 1996, Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada has positively impacted the lives of students in our community. To each one of the constituents who makes the Junior Achievement program possible – staff, board members, classroom volunteers, students, teachers, and corporate supporters – thank you for being a part of our success.
Chairman of the Board